We understand that this month's back to school season looks a little different than usual. Your children may be in smaller class sizes, may have to wear their mask at school, or might be learning from home virtually. Even though back to school looks different, this is still a great time of the year to catch up on your vehicle's maintenance and ensure that your car will be safe on the road.
The summer can actually take quite a toll on our vehicles, which is why a pre-fall inspection is so important. Getting your vehicle ready for the changing season and the increase in driving is critical so that you don't have to deal with any unexpected vehicle breakdowns or major repairs any time soon.
Here are the vehicle maintenance items to take care of now:
- Tires - check that your tires have proper air pressure and are in condition, meaning that they have good tread and there is no obvious sign of wear and tear.
- Oil change - be sure to have your oil change done on time if you're due.
- Fluids - have all important fluids inspection such as brake fluid, transmission fluid, and power steering fluid. If any are low or dirty, the fluid should be topped off or exchanged.
- Windshield wipers - windshield wipers can tend to dry out during the summer, and you'll find yourself needing them more often in the fall and winter months. It's a good idea to replace them every 6 months, and now is a perfect time!
- Battery - have your vehicle's battery tested if it's been a few years since it has been replaced. The summer sun can cause battery juices to evaporate quickly, and it could decrease the life of an already dying battery.
- Check your vehicle's manufacturer recommendations - check your owner's manual or find your vehicle's manufacturer recommendations online to be sure that you are on top of your vehicle's needs, and have any due services performed.
These are just some important services that we recommend taking care of now that it is back to school season. If your vehicle is due for an inspection or service, we invite you to bring your vehicle into the experts here at DRIVE AutoCare today!