North Coast Alignment, Align-Tech, California Import Auto, D&B Automotive, and Smog Depot are now Drive AutoCare
DRIVE AutoCare enhances automotive value, comfort and safety. Forevermore, we will be obsessive in our quest to exceed the expectations of our community with trustworthy advice and legendary service.
Locally-Owned for 37 Years
In 1980, California Import Auto opened at the corner of Highway 101 and Cliff Street in Solana Beach. In 2003, we opened North Coast Alignment specializing in suspension, brake repair and wheel alignments. We expanded east in 2005 opening Align-Tech in Escondido.
In 2015, we rebranded all three locations as DRIVE AutoCare to better reflect our full-service repair and maintenance capabilities. We employ San Diego County’s finest ASE certified mechanics who consistently earn 5 star quality rankings.
Your Dealer Alternative
In most cases, DRIVE AutoCare is less expensive and more convenient than the dealer. We provide the following benefits to our customers:
- We can perform the same repairs and maintenance that your dealer can and our work keeps your warranty intact.
- We check for manufacturer Technical Service Bulletins, software updates and recall information and we always check the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule, making appropriate recommendations.
- Our ASE Master Certified Technicians inspect for warranty-related concerns and we always advise you if a repair is covered by a dealer warranty, giving you the option to return the dealer for the free repair.
- We only use the manufacturer or equivalent replacement parts and we offer a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty on all repairs. That’s as good as the dealer warranty!
- We have specialized diagnostic computers and tools that are specific to your make and model.
- We provide a free shuttle and, when necessary, we can arrange for a rental or an UBER.